NYB Respects Your Privacy
The Old Dairy, Wintersell Farm, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 6QD
The National Youth Ballet of Great Britain (NYB) is a registered charity no. 1000932. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), General Data Protection Regulation 25 May 2018 (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
Data Security and Storage
We collect and store personal and non-personal data that you may volunteer as part of registering, auditioning or via donation forms, e-news sign-ups, visitor surveys or in connection with a specific project or event.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Your full name and title and date of birth
- Postal address, email address and phone number
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Gift Aid status
- Payment card details (these are not stored, except if you have requested an Automatic Renewal Membership when they are stored securely by PayPal, an approved third party)
- Your contact and communication preferences
Non-personal information we collect includes:
- IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet)
- Web pages accessed
- Files downloaded
This helps us to determine how many people use our website, how regularly they visit, and how popular our webpages are. This information does not tell us anything about who you are or where you live, but it does help us monitor and improve our service.
We store personal data under strict safekeeping and confidentiality measures on secure servers operated by NYB and stored securely by Spektrix, our ticketing, marketing and fundraising systems provider. All Spektrix servers are located in a Tier IV data centre in the UK, which has 24/7 onsite security and tightly restricted access control. Only authorised NYB staff who need to process your data will have access to it.
By disclosing your personal information to us via nationalyouthballet.org, by phone or in writing, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Notice. The information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date within our knowledge.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur when it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and while we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while data is being transferred.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Notice or your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection, NYB, The Old Dairy, Wintersell Farm, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 6QD.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Process sales transactions, donations or other payments and verify financial transactions
- Fulfil your requests – such as applications for membership, donations, competition entries, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- Identify visitors and contributors
- Handle and deliver orders and communicate with you about them
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website. This could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users
- Record any contact we have with you
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf in relation to prevention and detection
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help NYB gain a better understanding of them and to enable us to improve our service. This research is usually carried out internally by our employees unless we notify you otherwise and have your prior consent.
- Communicate with our customers and supporters
To undertake our business activities we sometimes have to share your information with third parties such as our database and IT providers and our mailing house, which handles our direct postal communications with you. We only choose partners we trust and will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- Abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- Treat your information as carefully as we would
- Only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation)
- Allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
We do not share or sell your personal information for other organisations to use for their own purposes, unless it is for the reasons given above.
As a charity, NYB fundraises from individuals, companies, public bodies and private trusts and foundations. This includes approaching those who want to support our mission to inspire as many children possible and from all backgrounds by enabling them to experience thrilling, innovative, world-class ballet and creative learning opportunities in a welcoming space that they can call their own. Fundraising also helps to ensure the financial viability of NYB as we strive to achieve our long-held desire to redevelop and improve our premises for future generations.
When fundraising, we may undertake research to explore shared interests with potential supporters. We will not use third-party profiling companies but may use profiling and screening techniques ourselves to analyse your personal data and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We may also make use of additional information about you including where you live, your age and similar demographics, and any publicly-available information (for example through LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission).
We want to contact you only when it may be relevant. By better understanding the background of our supporters we are able to make only the most appropriate requests for gifts that will help us continue to make pioneering, world-class theatre and learning programmes for children created by the most talented artists, develop talent and make live theatre accessible to children with wide ranging additional needs and from all backgrounds.
Children and Vulnerable Adults
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and do all we can to ensure that all who work at NYB, including volunteers, whether on stage or joining an education project, are safe and inspired by their experience. An important part of doing this is to protect their privacy.
If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent / guardian’s permission every time before you provide any personal information; we will always require their signature on any documentation when you sign up to a NYB project or are contracted to perform with us. We will always require the carer’s signature on similar documentation relating to vulnerable adults.
You choose what information you get from NYB and how you get it
You can opt-in to receive communication about some or all aspects of NYB and our work for and with children AND how you wish to communicate with NYB for each or all of these, including by email, post, telephone or text.
Update your permission preferences or stop NYB communication at any time.
You can easily update your personal information and communications preferences, or unsubscribe, at any time in the following ways:
- Online by logging into My Account at register.nationalyouthballet.org
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within a newsletter or within an email
- By emailing us
- By writing to Data Protection, NYB, The Old Dairy, Wintersell Farm, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 6QD
The permissions above relate to optional communications from NYB. We will continue to send you communications about transactions you make with us, for example when you purchase tickets, or relating to active subscriptions you hold with us such as a membership, or if there is a query regarding your purchase from our shop. Each email we send will give you the option to update your preferences. We will consider that your preferences last for five years unless you notify us otherwise.
Our website contains links to other sites whose information practice may be different to ours. You should consult other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by third parties. Furthermore we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
Access to and deletion of your personal data held by NYB
You have the right to ask for a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you (to be supplied within one month of receiving request) to correct any inaccuracies in that information (to be corrected within 72 hours of receiving request) or to ask us to delete such records. Please direct all requests to email@example.com or write to Data Protection, NYB, The Old Dairy, Wintersell Farm, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 6QD.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information. For more information about your Data Protection rights, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.